Some people are not really cut out for a 9-5 office job wherein you will sit in front of the computer for 9 hours, five times a week. It’s just too much to bear for some thus many decide to go freelance wherein they can work anytime and anywhere.
However, this set-up can be overwhelming too especially for beginners. If not handled well, there is a lower chance of succeeding. In this article, we will share some tips to be able to handle the freelance set-up successfully.
1. Find reliable clients and maintain good working relationship – first of all, you need to find clients that will give you work. It is best if clients regularly need a freelancer like you to do the job because it means “regular” work for you. Make sure to take care of these clients and maintain good working relationship so they can refer you to others or they go back to you once they have requirements. Networking is a very important part of being a freelancer.
2. Always come up with to-do lists – yes, we understand how it can be tedious to work in the office doing the same thing every day. However, that does not mean that you can just do whatever, whenever you feel like it. You still need to have some sort of direction so it is advisable to come up with to-do lists. You should list down all the tasks that you need to accomplish in a week or even per day. It is important to overcome spending the day on your couch watching Netflix or doing nothing only to realise that you didn’t actually finish any work for an entire week.
3. Avoid distractions when working – when it’s time for work then it should be all work. Working while watching TV is not a good idea. If you want to watch TV, then be sure to finish work early so then you can have free time to watch TV. That’s the best part of being a freelancer – you do not need to stay in the office, pretending like you are working, when your work is actually done.
4. Invest on cloud storage – it is advisable to invest on cloud storage to be able to access important files anywhere, anytime. You may be on vacation but suddenly a client needs something then you can easily access your files stored in the cloud. You can check out different packages of cloud storage of Vodien AU to see which fits your needs.
5. Always carry pocket wi-fi and chargers – laptops or mobile phones or even tablets play such a major role in a life of freelancers. Be sure to always bring chargers and pocket wi-fi so you are ready to work any time, anywhere.
Work at home or freelance set-up can be ideal for some people but others tend to get carried away and instead of being able to use their time wisely, they became lazier and ended up not actually being productive. This is the ultimate hurdle anyone who want to succeed as a freelancer should overcome. Follow the tips that we discussed in this post to help you prepare for this kind of work set-up. Once you get the gist of freelancing, you’ll realise how you can become more productive not just with work but with other aspects in your life.