The trends favoring video keep growing as we roll into 2019. Video content became so popular that you cannot ignore it anymore and add it instead as an essential part of the business marketing strategy. Wyzowl assures us that 2018 was a big year for videos, but 2019 will be even bigger since it still hasn’t reached its saturation point. The surveys showed demand for videos as 87% of respondents stated that they would like to see more videos from brands. If this still doesn’t sound convincing, take a look at the other highlights of Wyzowl’s 5th annual State of Video Marketing Survey:
– 79% of people have been convinced by the brand’s video to make a purchase;
– 96% of respondents say they watch explainer video first to learn about the brand product or service;
– 87% of businesses use video as a marketing tool;
– 83% of marketers agree that video generates a good ROI.
The survey results clearly show the tendency in the significance of video content, however, it doesn’t explain how and what to do in order to come up with such a great masterpiece which drives trafficto you. Videos can be very versatile and it is important to pay attention to the details when creating this type of content for business purposes. Here are some tips and tricks for your starting point adding videos into the marketing strategy.
Video content is a really powerful tool when providing useful information for the right audience. But how to find out what is right and what is wrong? Ask questions!
– WHY do you want to start creating videos? Are you trying to drive brand awareness, raise sales, increase traffic or all of the above? After understanding the reason you throw the video at your audience, don’t forget to add a clear call to action saying to the potential client how to behave after watching it.
– WHO are you going to show your video to? Understand your audience and know where to reach it. It’s essential to craft tailored content aligned with your audience interests and place it to the platform where the target can be reached.
– WHAT your video is going to be about? There are different types of video content such as promotional, viral, educational or social. A well-known marketer Neil Patel mentions the StacksAndStacks.com case where visitors were more likely to make a purchase after watching the product video, the sales increased by 144%.
– HOW are you going to create your video? Many marketers are feared of video high-production costs and time-consuming works, however, today this issue is solved by many online tools – video makers that offers automated solutions for free. 92% of marketers make videos with assets they already have.
Hack No. 1 – create your own video content calendar with thought through strategy considering topics, audience and publishing places.
Hack No. 2 – use free video maker online tools to cut on production costs and save time for other daily tasks. The great tool Renderforest – with its help you can edit videos online in your browser in 4 easy steps – choose the preferred template out of a library; upload your logo and favorable text; choose styling and animation; select music from the list or add your own sounds.
If you think that you are done when the video is published, you are completely wrong – it is just the start of the journey! According to Microsoft findings since the year 2000, the average customer attention span dropped from 12 seconds to 8 seconds. This forces marketers to keep their videos interesting and getting to the point at the beginning of the video. Try to hook your customer within 5-10 seconds and they most likely will finish your 3-minute video. Do not overwhelm video, cut it in many short videos instead.
What about visual appearance? Did you know that having a video thumbnail in the search results can double your search traffic (Search Engine Journal, 2018)? Pay attention at the video cover, as this is first what customer will see and decide whether to play your video or not.
Hack No. 3 – Don’t forget about the power of SEO – get the right keywords in your description box, what’s even better – get the video transcript to work for you!
Test, test, test…
Similar to display ad campaigns your video content needs to be analyzed and tested to find the Holy Grail. Maybe it is not the visual but the message in the description, too many CTAs or wrong publishing day.
Hack No. 4 – do the A/B testing to figure out the right element for the perfect video. Include in your testing following external elements: creative thumbnail, video description, title, target audience, platform (social media, newsletter, blog, website), and internal elements: video content, type, video length, music, animations and call to action.
Now when you made it through the entire article, you are ready to start creating valuable video content and correlate it with a successful business marketing strategy. Keep in mind the hacks and make the most of them.
Author Bio: I am Roman Daneghyan, the Chief Marketing Officer at Renderforest, a Content Marketing Specialist and an Expert in SEO, Social Media Marketing, and Link Building who enjoys sharing the experiences gained along working as a marketer and helping other entrepreneurs succeed. My works have been published on different blogs and mediums like Crazy Egg, Forbes, Upwork, ShareThis, etc.