Already for the fourth time the unique 3D Pioneers Challenge, as the platform for pioneers in 3D printing, covers a range of verticals and is aimed at designers who are breaking new ground in the field of 3D printing, taking into account the complete value-added system of additive technologies and understand the key trends of the industry. The Challenge seeks to uncover specialists from around the world who are thinking outside the box and – pushing boundaries.
Additive manufacturing is one of the innovations of the 21st century. Hardly a day goes by without that this technology surprises with something new. Meanwhile it is part in higher education programs and at technological universities or institutes. 3D printing is standing on the threshold to be integrated into industrial manufacturing processes. For some time now, the technology is not pushing its way to the fore – but as hidden champion, it acts as an “enabler” of many concepts and innovations, and even of completely new business fields. The needs of humans are in the foreground through individual solutions. Spare parts procurement is being rethought. Last but not least, lightweight construction creates sustainability. Social projects are only made possible by 3D printing in some areas. Pioneer thinking also requires the courage to put it into practice, breaking new ground. The 3DPC is looking for these pioneers who think 3D printing one step further. Where is it enabler, where is it in the main focus?
- Prize money 35.000 Euro kindly supported by the Ministry of Economics, Science and Digital Society Thuringia.
- Exhibition of the finalists at Rapid.Tech + FabCon 3.D, Trade Show Erfurt, Germany (25 –27 June 2019)
- Award ceremony at gala evening in Erfurt
- Roadshow at international events
Further prizes will be awarded by our partners:
- MakerBotEMEA hands for the best student project the MakerBot Replicator Mini+
- 3dhubs hands the The 3D Printing Handbook, technologies, design and applications
- designreport offers online-subscriptions (Englisch or German) for the lucky winners!
- Autodesk gives Netfabb Licenses and Fusion 360 Licenses!