Hosting critical systems that require high-level maintenance in-house is one key aspect of the IT industry, which might be maintaining critical hardware, ensuring timely updates to systems & seamless network connectivity and overall workstation maintenance, among others.
Here is where the concept of Remote Infrastructure Management Services (RIMS) steps in!
These services release your firm’s IT burden associated with the management of critical IT infrastructure including IT hardware, software, network, devices, communication, database, application, storage and security, among others, ensuring continuous availability.
Large organizations, which usually operate across geographies, have their IT infrastructure supporting internal operations also distributed across various locations. RIMS have a vital role here in managing the widely-distributed IT infrastructure centrally with high level of coordination and ease in maintenance and reparability.
In a nut-shell, RIMS offer:
– Network and Server Monitoring
– Server and Storage Management
– Database and Application Support
– Desktop Services
– Workstation Maintenance
Centralized management of IT infrastructure brings in greater coordination and ease in maintenance across IT operations, boosting innovation.
An effective RIM strategy can offer you benefits including:
– Increased Availability
– Minimum Risks
– Maximum Productivity
– Enhanced Flexibility
– Overall Efficiency
Outsourcing critical IT infrastructure tasks proved to be a success factor in driving overall organizational development by releasing their IT burden and allowing them to focus on core business areas and growing business requirements.
RIMS range of key managed service offerings include:
– Managed User Experience: This feature of RIMS offers an assessment on how the user responds to firms’ services.
– Managed Desktop: This feature incorporates key service desktop facilities to your workforce by operating and administering services to desktop deployment, remotely.
– Managed Network: Optimizing network performance in line with the business goals forms the key aspect of this service, which could be routing and switching network requirements, administering configurations, security analysis and improved IT governance through authorized modifications to the system, among others.
– Managed Application: This service holds full control of organization’s hosted applications, ensuring their timely availability, assessing their performance, enhancing security and change management capabilities, thus reducing Total Cost of Ownership (TCO), chances of failures and ensuring compliance.
– Managed Server: This service deals with server performance of the business ensuring seamless execution of server-related functionalities thus bringing in ease in business continuity.
– Managed DB: This basically deals with effective management of data base related aspects of critical database assets such as data security, data recovery, among others.
– Managed Storage: These services focus on effective storage infrastructure and management, which involves volumes and storage area, optimization and performance analysis, among others.
– Managed Backup: These services basically work on effective ways for frequent backing up of important data to avoid data loss in case of sudden crashes, while also facilitating timely restoration and retrieval.
– Managed Virtualization: This service provides with the leverage of using virtualization services without having to know about it. Key aim here is to ensure effective functioning of an organization’s virtual systems in terms of efficiency, balancing resource allocation and workload management.
Security as a Major Aspect
In the today’s rapidly-shifting environments, having a safe and secure field of operation is critical to any organizational growth by way of safeguarding key assets and business secrets.
RIMS Strategy addresses the concern by offering an expertise support to the concern. RIM Security Services totally deals with effective management of security infrastructure under continuous monitoring of experience security personnel who can ensure overall confidentiality, integrity and 24/7 availability of critical data assets, information and IT services.
Key features of RIM Security Services include:
– Round-the-clock security monitoring
– Centralized security infrastructure management
– Timely correlation, assessment & analysis of security events
– Tightened security and avoiding chances of compromise
These four RIM Security features offer various business benefits, such as:
– Minimization of business risks by keeping security features updated against the constantly-evolving threats
– Deployment of industry’s benchmark assessment tools for effective analyzation of security events
– Access to skilled security resources
– Enhanced governance through more authorized activity
– Overall, the service delivery that is IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL)-compliant
Having learnt these benefits should have given you a clear picture on how managed services under Remote Infrastructure Management (RIM) can empower your businesses. What are you waiting for? Get on to it!
Written by Nikesh Kumar, Veritis Group