Google Play icon

The first public DanKu contract competition

Share
Posted March 7, 2018

Machine Learning algorithms are being developed and improved at an incredible rate, but are not necessarily getting more accessible to the broader community. That’s why today Algorithmia is announcing DanKu, a new blockchain-based protocol for evaluating and purchasing ML models on a public blockchain such as Ethereum. DanKu enables anyone to get access to high quality, objectively measured machine learning models. At Algorithmia, we believe that widespread access to algorithms and deployment solutions is going to be a fundamental building block of a balanced future for AI, and DanKu is a step towards that vision.

Since we’ve just announced the protocol, we thought that it would be also fitting to create the first public DanKu contract.

For this competition, we’ve decided to use the 2016 U.S Presidential county election data as our dataset. Every county is represented with 3 data points: longitude, latitude and elected candidate.

For example, a data point can look something like this: [047606200, 122332100, 0].
The first two values refers to the latitude and longitude of Seattle.
The third value, 0 refers to the Democratic candidate, whereas 1 refers to Republican candidate in this data format

500 random data points are selected as the dataset for this competition. 80% of this dataset will be used for training. The remaining 20% of the dataset will be used for evaluating the dataset. Since the training and testing datasets are randomly selected by the contract, the fairness of the competition is assured.

Participants of the contract are required to train a simple forward pass neural network where they can define the neural network structure in terms of layers, neurons and biases. After training, they are required to submit their network definition, weights and biases to the contract.

The DanKu contract was initialized on block 5121944 (Feb 19th, 2018). The evaluation criteria will look for models that has at least 50% accuracy rate. The reward for the winning submission is 5 Ether (ETH).

You can find the guide here to help you participate in the competition. After the competition ends, we’ll deploy the winning model to the Algorithmia marketplace!

Source: blog.algorithmia.com

Featured news from related categories:

Technology Org App
Google Play icon
85,465 science & technology articles

Most Popular Articles

  1. New treatment may reverse celiac disease (October 22, 2019)
  2. "Helical Engine" Proposed by NASA Engineer could Reach 99% the Speed of Light. But could it, really? (October 17, 2019)
  3. The World's Energy Storage Powerhouse (November 1, 2019)
  4. Plastic waste may be headed for the microwave (October 18, 2019)
  5. Universe is a Sphere and Not Flat After All According to a New Research (November 7, 2019)

Follow us

Facebook   Twitter   Pinterest   Tumblr   RSS   Newsletter via Email