Apollo 7 is a waterproof micro true-wireless earphone system that also includes a built-in omnidirectional microphone. The company has been working with CSR to create the most advanced, Bluetooth 4.1 true-wireless earphones with full audio support for AptX, AAC, and SBC codecs. The Apollo 7 also claims the first patent-pending, 360-Degree charging circuit capable of allowing users to insert the earpieces into their dedicated charging case for “charge on the go” convenience.
Stored in an aluminum housing with charging unit that has the ability to recharge the earphones twice before needing to be recharged again itself. Each earphone weighs just 4 grams and works with both Siri and Google Now. With a single button you can answer and hang up phone calls, play music, skip tracks, or even change volume easily by tapping, holding, or double-tapping on the button.
- Bluetooth Profile: Bluetooth 4.1 with A2DP 1.2, AVRCP 1.4, HFP 1.6, HSP 1.2 Support
- Supported Audio Codecs: Full support for aptX, AAC, and SBC codecs.
- Driver Specifications: Driver Size: Ø 5.8 mm Micro Driver, 100 dB/mW Sensitivity.
- Frequency: 20Hz ~ 20KHz Impedance (Ohm) @ 1hHz: 16
- Microphone: MEMS Omni Directional Type input sensitivity at -42dB (+/- 2dB)
- Dimensions: Earphone: 15.4mm x 22.2mm Charging Case: 62.5mm x 40mm x 25.5mm
- Weight: Earphone: 4g x 2, Case: 52g
- Waterproof: Nano coating on the Apollo 7 allows it to be waterproof.
The Kickstarter campaign has already far surpassed the $88 thousands goal and has raised more than $416 thousands on the time of writing this article. Those backing this campaign are promised shipping date of June of 2016.