The Pagaré smartstrap allows you to make contactless payments at millions of retail locations using a Pebble smartwatch. Contactless technology makes payments fast and secure. There is no need to hand over your card, no signing, no fumbling for cash, no pulling out your phone, no QR codes. Just hold Pagaré near the card reader to pay in seconds, using your existing credit or debit cards.
It has multiple layers of security. There is no need to store your credit card. In addition to secure hardware, it uses the same card network service as Apple Pay to replace your card number with a surrogate value called a token.
You can simply plug it directly into your computer or any other USB port to charge your Pebble smartwatch.
Pebble smartwatches are featuring:
- Always-on, daylight readable color screen with a great backlight
- Battery life measured in days, not hours
- Pebble Health built-in step and sleep tracking
- Pebble timeline calendar interface
- Voice replies
- Pebble Time and Time Steel smartwatches are water resistant.
- Pebble Time Round smartwatch is splash resistant
- Tactile buttons for easy eyes-free clicking
- Silent vibrating alarms
- Quick change bands
- Language and international character support
- Works with iOS 8 on iPhone 4s and above
- Works with all Android 4.0+ phones including Samsung, HTC, Sony, LG, Google, Motorola, Xiaomi and more
Pagaré can easily store every card in your wallet. When you are ready to pay, press the up or down buttons on your watch to cycle to the card you want to pay with.
Manage your cards with ease using the companion timeline app. Add new cards, enable or disable existing cards, delete cards, set a card to be the default whenever you pay, view your purchase history.
To prevent unauthorized transactions, there is a method for detecting if Pagaré is on your wrist; There also is a personal PIN that prevents anyone but you from making payments with your watch. When you first put your watch on you will be asked to enter your PIN, activating the payment capabilities within. Take your watch off and it’s unusable for payments until you put it back on and re-authenticate.
It has so far raised more than £3 thousands on Kickstarter, from more than 57 backers, with 29 days to go before the campaign ends. Those backing this campaign are promised delivery date of Jul 2016. It goes for £49 right now.