QuietOn is an earplugs that have no wires and are small to fit in your ears, enabling you to comfortably sleep with your head on a pillow. It combines active noise cancellation and acoustic noise attenuation to create silence.
You can use it, when:
- Sleeping in a not-so-quiet room
- Traveling by airplane, bus, boat or train
- Replace uncomfortable hearing protection devices
- Working in stressful and continuously noisy surroundings such as airline staff, working in boats, and factories
- By children and students suffering from concentration problems
- When you need to focus on a particular task, and avoid distractions
- When you want time to relax
Noise that affects sleep can reduce sleep quality so it affect health and daily performance. While traveling, noise can have an effect on mood and concentration.
QuietOn uses a microphone to sample the sound, and a speaker to create a phase-shifted sound that cancels the original sound.
The microphone that samples the sound is located right inside the ear canal. It can more accurately produce anti-noise that results in good noise cancellation at the ear drum.
Traditional earplugs are good at blocking high frequency sound, they are quite poor at reducing low frequency sound, especially below 200 Hz for example airplane noise (noise level peaks at 70 Hz) or noise in factories and noise that comes through the walls of buildings. QuietOn earplugs provides optimal noise reduction across the whole audible spectrum.
QuietOn has so far raised more than $193 thousands on Indiegogo, from nearly 1400 backers, with 27 days to go before the campaign ends. Those backing this campaign are promised a comparatively quick delivery date of June 2016. This earplugs goes for $130 right now ($174 after campaign ends).