HomeBiogas is a family-sized affordable biogas system taht converts any organic waste into clean cooking gas and a high quality liquid fertilizer for the garden. It maintains a closed-loop eco-cycle: organic waste turns into energy and a liquid fertilizer byproduct which enables us to produce more food thus maintaining the critical cycle of life.
Biogas is a renewable fuel that is produced by the decomposition of organic matter in an environment absent of oxygen. Biogas is made up of several gases, primarily methane (CH4 ) and carbon dioxide (CO2), which can be stored and directed for cooking.
Each year of using HomeBiogas, you can eliminate one ton of organic waste, and reduce harmful emissions equivalent to six tons of carbon dioxide (CO2). The system works optimally in places with average day/night temperatures above 17 °C.
A 1 Kg of food waste produces about 200 liters of gas, which generates around one hour of cooking over a high flame. Therefore, at 6 liters of food scraps, one can generate 1-3 hours of cooking gas each day.
- Waste capacity: The system can process up to 6 liters a day of food waste or 15 liters a day of animal manure.
- Output: Depending on the amount of waste, can go up to three hours of cooking and 5 to 10 liters of liquid fertilizer per day.
- Minimum Ambient Average Day/Night Temperature (necessary for operation): 17°C.
- Nominal gas pressure: 15 milliBar.
- Built-in filter: Removes H2S.
- Built in fertilizer chlorinator.
- Weight: less than 40 kg.
- Dimensions: 123H/165L/100W cm .
The project campaign is on the INDIEGOGO and is already funded to start mass production. Early bird prices are gone, but backers can get one for of $945. Shipping is estimated to start in May of 2016.