MetaWearC is a tiny, coin-cell powered, Bluetooth Low Energy Sensor Platform with an SDK.
How does it work?
A mobile SDKs expose all the sensors and peripherals that your App can:
- Read temperature data
- Notify me on freefall
- Log gyroscope data at 800Hz
- Stream accelerometer data at 200Hz
- Sound an alarm when a button is pressed
- Adjust the volume of your Bluetooth speaker when the MetaWear is shaken
- A low-power, ARM Core (Nordic nRF51822)
- 126kB Flash memory, 16kB SRAM
- On-board memory for logging sensor data
- Bluetooth Low Energy (Pre-certified with Tayo Yuden module)
- Indicator LED
- Thermistor (temperature sensor)
- 6-axis combo sensor from BOSCH with accelerometer and gyroscope
- 1 PWM pin, I2C, SPI, UART, and 2 Analog/Digital GPIOs
- Battery and Power-management circuitry (Lasts up to 1 year on a single coin-cell CR2032)
- Over-the-air programmable and updateable
- Smartphone controlled and programmed
The project campaign is fully funded on the Kickstarter and reached its funding goal of $4.000, the early bird pricing are gone, but you can still get it for $35, an estimated delivery is on Nov of 2015.