The Solar-Breeze is solar robotic pool cleaner. Pools collect leaves, dust, pollen and other debris all day long. Debris typically floats for 3-4 hours before it decays and sinks to the bottom. By then, it has already produced the bacteria that feeds the growth of algae in a pool. The Solar-Breeze intelligently navigates your pool removing dirt and debris from the surface – before that debris produces bacteria and sink to the bottom.
Using solar energy, the robot can clean the surface of the pool all day. During this time, excess energy is stored in a rechargeable lithium ion battery, powering the unit well into the night.
It filters the water through an ultra-fine nylon mesh, preventing 90-95% of dust and debris from re-entering your pool.
- Two 12-watt solar panels
- Brushless, high-efficiency motors with lifespan > 30,000 hours
- 5300mAh 7.4V lithium ion rechargeable battery
- Chemical dispenser tray accommodates two 3-inch trichlor tablets
- Exterior dimensions (inches) 20 X 23 X 6
- Weight (dry and unboxed) – 10 lbs
- Maximum running time per day mid-summer in sunbelt states 23.5 hours
- Collection Area Capacity – twice that of your in-wall skimmer basket
The project is on the Kickstarter, the early bird prices are gone, but you can still pick it up for $498, an estimated delivery is on February of 2016.