DrinkMate is a miniature iPhone breathalyzer. You plug it into your iPhone, the app launches (or prompts you to download), and you blow into the end.
The hardware/software interface are patent pending and completely new.
- It has no battery and is powered entirely by your iPhone.
- No mouthpieces, the air inlet at the end of DrinkMate is designed to slow and direct air perfectly to our sensor so that readings are accurate without direct contact.
- No re-calibration! We compute BAC (Blood Alcohol Content) in a fundamentally different way so that DrinkMate is minimally affected by sensor changes over time.
- 100% of DrinkMates are individually programmed, tested, and calibrated using a custom-built machine.
- Sensor manufacturer has created a brand new high-quality sensor which is more accurate, robust, and has a quicker recovery time in between readings.
- Accuracy is approximately +/- 0.01% BAC at a BAC of 0.02%.
- The maximum BAC in the app is set to 0.20% BAC.
- DrinkMate is held securely in place by the iPhone Lightning connector.
The project campaign campaign is on the Kickstarter. The early bird prices are gone, but you can still get it for $29. An estimated delivery is on October of 2015.