The Floating Record is a turntable that plays your records vertically through built-in, dynamic, full-range stereo speakers (or via RCA line out).
The design philosophy is to reimagine vintage audio design with modern technology. The Floating Record is designed for everyone from the first-time record listener to the seasoned vinyl enthusiast. You don’t need to set up your cartridge or purchase additional outboard gear such as phono pre-amps, amplifiers and speakers, all of these are included in the integrated design.
It uses a belt drive system with a silicone belt to help isolate motor vibrations from the platter. You can easily switch between 33 ⅓ or 45 RPM by moving the silicon belt over the inner or outer groove of the middle gear.
It also comes with a dynamic, full-range audio system with Tymphany 2” neodymium speakers driven by a 15w per channel digital amplifier. The speaker cavities incorporate tuned bottom porting to offer superior bass response.
- Walnut or Maple Wood Base
- Fully-adjustable Carbon-Fiber Tone-Arm w/ dynamically set tracking force
- AT95E Audio-Technica Dual Magnet Cartridge with Elliptical Diamond Stylus
- 2” Neodymium Full-Range Stereo Speakers
- Built in phono stage with RIAA equalization curve
- Onboard 2x15W Stereo Audio Amplifier, Tripath TA2024 Class-D / Class-T architecture
- Manual Belt-Drive System (33 1/3 or 45 RPM)
- DC Stepper motor with super high precision motor control circuit
- Low resonance, high mass, acrylic Plinth and Platter
- RCA Line Out
- Headphone Jack
- Universal AC to DC power supply compatible with US standard 60 Hz, 110/120 VAC or European standard 50 Hz, 220/240 VAC (Snap-in power plugs are included for operation in countries around the world)
- 17” Wide x 10” Deep x 16” Tall
- 13 lbs.
- Vibration Damping Feet
This project is already backed on the Kickstarter and successfully reached its funding goal of $50.000, the early bird prices are gone, but you can get it for $349. An estimated dilivery is on December of 2015.