Join us for an #ESAHangout – 19 March 2015
As part of the #VMCschools public observation campaign, all registered participants – plus those who are thinking of registering – are invited to join the Mars Express mission control team in an #ESAHangout via Google+.
The video hangout will run about 60-75 minutes, and will include a live tutorial covering:
- The Mars Express spacecraft and mission
- The Visual Monitoring Camera, the 'Mars Webcam' – how it works and what it can see and do
- Review of possible observation targets on Mars that you can request
- The #VMCschools public observation campaign: what/when/how/who, limited number of slots; what you are expected to do
Mars Express engineers Luke Lucas and Andy Johnstone, pictured above, will be joined by Simon Wood, also on the MEX team, and (invited) ESA Mission Analyst Michael Khan; Daniel Scuka will moderate and host.
In the second half of the #ESAHangout, we'll respond to questions from the public, giving priority to any submitted by already-registered participants. Questions may be posted as follows:
- Tweet questions using the #vmcschools hashtag
- Post questions in the ESAHangout G+ event page (just below the video window), via (URL posted here shortly)
- Post questions in the ESAHangout YouTube event page (just below the video window), via (URL posted here shortly)
We'll do our best to answer all questions and ensure that your VMC observation proposal is technically possible and that you have a suitable project plan in place.
Please join us on 19 March!
Source: Mars Express blog