According to FBI statistics, 80% of home break-ins occur at the front or back door. With forced break-ins and lock bumping on the rise, there is a clear need for a stronger, smarter home lock. HAVEN is a new smart lock that is anchored at the strongest point of the entryway, inside at the base of the door, preventing break-ins where traditional lock systems fall short.
The main features of this device are as follows:
- Anchored at the Base – With 95% of break-ins requiring some force, HAVEN creates a sturdier support system. Using a simple wedge, HAVEN firmly keeps your door locked.
- Penetration Testing – HAVEN is undergoing a series of inspections in accordance with the highest standards of commercial and government penetration testing.
- Strength in Materials – HAVEN is manufactured from steel, glass reinforced nylon and aluminum. These materials, coupled with strength analysis and demo tests, have proved HAVEN to be an extremely durable lock.
See HAVEN stand up to a boot, battering ram, and more.
See HAVEN stand up to a chainsaw (Halloween strength test):
The gateway to home automation, HAVEN gives homeowners total control to access and manage the system through their mobile devices. It has many features, but preventative security comes first.
- Forced Entry and Real Time Alerts – HAVEN Smart Detect technology recognizes excessive force and automatically sends alerts to your mobile devices.
- Home Automation – Sync HAVEN to other smart devices so that home activity, such as turning on lights, automatically triggers when suspicious activity arises. As the Internet of Things space grows, so will HAVEN’s ability to trigger more events in your home.
- Keyless Entry – Lock and unlock doors locally or remotely. Add a key fob and HAVEN will work in the event you don’t have your mobile device available.
- Digital Key Sharing – Share digital keys and set permissions to activate and expire when you dictate.
HAVEN is working with several partners to evaluate and implement a wide variety of wireless communication options. These include the following:
Creators of this smart home security device are committed to engineering the right wireless protocols into the device that have the broadest range of connectivity across the device spectrum for our clients.
To create a lock without a key or a traditional deadbolt mechanism, the HAVEN team worked with code inspectors, fire marshals, and contractors to establish multiple built-in redundancies.
- Mobile device unlocking – Dedicated application ties to your HAVEN to ensure it only responds to the devices you identify.
- Online Access Portal – If your phone is lost, unlock your home from any computer.
- Power and Backup – In the event of a mechanical or power failure, two batteries and reciprocal wireless components ensure you can communicate with your HAVEN.
- Mechanical Release – A mechanical footplate automatically lowers the lift gate in case of an emergency.
EASY TO INSTALL
OPTION 1: ANCHOR HAVEN WITH 3M VHB COMMAND TAPE
This method had been tested to stand up against 3000 lbs of tensile and shear strength, and is used with several major brands including extreme sport cameras. Installation is simple and doesn’t impact your floor.
1. Measure: HAVEN will come with a template to place in front of the threshold. This will ensure it aligns properly for placement.
2. Mark: Use the template to mark off with a pencil where to place your HAVEN.
3. Place: Remove the VHB Command Tape from the bottom of your device and place on top of the guide marks. Your HAVEN will be ready for use after a short period of time.
OPTION 2: BOLT HAVEN TO THE FLOOR
- Measure: HAVEN will come with a template to place in front of the threshold. This will ensure it aligns properly for mounting.
- Drill: Drill a hole in line with the template. Then use the provided lag bolts to secure the two mounting brackets.
- Install: Once the two mounting brackets are secured to the floor, HAVEN will latch into place.
For more detailed installation instructions, visit Havenlock.com/FAQ.